A Top 10 collection from the old RP:
- These two – on the challenges of and need for working in interracial and cross-cultural activist coalitions – are my favorite, and summarize my research interests very well.
- I relive – in painful detail – breaking my back on spring break in Jamaica when I was 24.
- This fun one on the Top 10 questions you’re better off not asking me elicited the most comments, as readers weighed in with their own “favorites.”
- This one is not particularly compelling, but you’d be amazed how many people Google “Vince Lombardi Service Area.” I was.
- Speaking of highways, this is a particularly distressed and passionate post about inequality and government neglect in NOLA and the U.S. generally, inspired by driving by a tent city living under the highway next to H.U.D. in DC.
- For all you PhDs out there staring down your qualifying exams, I blogged mine. You are not alone!!
- Another list (I LOVE lists): Function Hall Anthems I Hate. Add your own!
- Though, I confess, I did love me some Lionel at Jazz Fest in ’06, as did Nagin.
- Veterans’ rights and issues is something I care deeply about, though I don’t write about it frequently. This one about the conditions exposed at Walter Reed still upsets me. (Does POW John McCain care? Not so much.)
- One of my most enjoyable blogging experiences was declaring April 2007 Redstar Perspective History Month. Good times, good times.
To my longtime readers, did I miss anything?